Manual Handling Training for Early Years
To help early years settings fulfil their legal responsibilities of providing moving and handling training to staff, in addition to reducing musculoskeletal disorders associated with working in “child-height” environments, these organisations can be contacted directly for individually tailored training:
Course Content for Practitioners (half day course) includes:
- Legislation relating to health and safety, including Manual Handling and Display Screen Equipment.
- Principles of movement for improved posture, including when working at child height and floor level.
- Key elements to consider before moving objects, equipment, or children.
- Principles of safer moving and handling.
- Practically trying strategies and techniques, appropriate to work settings.
- Steps to take to maintain musculoskeletal health and wellbeing at work.
Organisations who wish for their own staff to deliver training and carry out risk assessments, Train the Trainer and Risk Assessor Qualifications are also available.