As a physiotherapist specialising in paediatrics, occupational health and ergonomics, Lorna offers uniquely tailored consultancy to meet individual and an organisation’s needs at their own location or virtually.
By combining her wealth of professional knowledge and practical experience, together with an understanding of staff and school requirements and constraints, Lorna offers genuine, cost-effective and realistic solutions to bring value to staff, pupils and employers.
We’re committed to improving posture, performance and potential to improve health and outcomes for all education staff and pupils.
Consultancy Options Include:
- Ergonomic workplace assessment and advice for individual staff members and organisations.
- Musculoskeletal Health and wellbeing strategy – audit and action plan support.
- Ergonomic equipment demonstrations and recommendations for staff and pupils.
- Manual handling training for employees in schools and nurseries.
- Ergonomic workplace design suggestions for new school builds and refurbishments.
- Practical workshops on back health, care and ergonomics for insert days, CPD staff development and pupil lessons.
Pupil and Staff Workshops
Separate sessions available from 20mins to 1hr30 to suit your requirements. Practical, informative and fun. Supporting you to give and get the best from staff, pupils and your working environment.
- Anatomy of the spine – understanding good and bad postures
- School bags – design, safe loading limit, carrying and packing correctly
- Back-friendly ergonomics for everyday tasks
- Healthy sitting at school and at home
- Lifting and carrying safely
- Importance of a healthy lifestyle- diet, exercise and wellbeing